Biography of the fighter Idris Ibrahim Hengla

The fighter Idris Ibrahim Hengla was born in Halhal in 1946 AD, into a family consisting of nine male brothers and five female brothers. His father was a profession in herding and seasonal agriculture. However, he was keen on educating his children. Idris studied in the book with Sheikh Idris Majzoub, like the rest of his brothers. Then he joined Halhal Primary School from 1958 AD to 1961 AD, then moved to Karn and studied the preparatory stage from 1961 AD until 1964 AD, after completing the preparatory stage he did not continue his education because his older brother Mahmoud was in Asmara and had just completed his law studies in Santa Familia College, so student Idris Hengla turned to work in commerce and set up a store in Halhal in order to ease the burden on his father’s shoulders. He was influenced by the revolutionary momentum and the patriotic spirit that was sweeping the Halhal region from the period of self-determination, as it was in support of the Islamic League, and with the announcement of the armed struggle, the region was a strong supporter of the Eritrean Liberation Front, so he joined early in the political activity in support of the Eritrean Liberation Front and joined under the secret cells of the Liberation Front. The leader of the Liberation Army after Awati is Muhammad Idris Haj, who arrived in the region of Halhal in 1962 and under his leadership was the pioneers of the Eritrean Liberation Front. He was martyred later in the region. He is the uncle of the fighter Idris Hengla, to chart this later on the path of direction and life of the fighter Idris Hengla and determined his orientation The political commitment to the Eritrean Liberation Front line and the struggle in the ranks of the Eritrean Liberation Army.

He assumed his first organizational responsibilities in 1963 AD, assuming the duties of the financial collector to whom the financial contributions are returned, and the recruitment secretary responsible for editing letters for those wishing to join the ranks of the Liberation Army from membership.

At the end of 1966, he joined the ranks of the Liberation Army in the second region. After receiving military training, he became part of the security unit. In 1967, he received a medical course in Sudan. He was appointed as a health official in a platoon. Then he was assigned intelligence tasks in the first platoon in the region. The second, in 1968 AD, he received a military, political and administrative course in Syria, after the Adbaha conference and the formation of the companies, he was assigned intelligence tasks in the Third Company and an assistant to the security affairs official in the region, and he was also chosen as a member of the fact-finding committee that was formed in accordance with the decisions of the Adbaha Conference, In 1970, he was appointed by the General Command as an official of the gangs in Administrative Unit No. four.

In 1976, I was sent on a military course for the second time to Syria. Among the course members were the two martyrs, Othman Omar Kentibai and Bakhit Hashnet, to obtain an advanced military training. He obtained a special forces course and graduated with the rank of lieutenant. He also obtained courses in security and the Thunderbolt. After his return from the session, he was assigned tasks within the units that were tasked with liberating the city of Aila Barad, and he was appointed deputy commander of the 107th Battalion, Al-Hassan Muhammad Abu Bakr. The liberation of the capital Asmara, so he participated in the battles that were around the capital, Asmara. He was summoned from the heights to take a political course in the city of Tsani. At the end of the course, he was assigned the tasks of a battalion commander, the 378th Battalion, which was in the upper Gash River. He was asked to head to Barentu, then his unit was called. To participate in the liberation of the town of Shambago and to confront the wide Ethiopian attack in the western axis, he oversaw the tactical withdrawal from the city of Tesni.

With the formation of the brigades in 1978 AD, he assumed the duties of the administrative affairs officer in the 69th Brigade (then he was assigned the tasks of Deputy Commander of the 69th) November 5 / 1978 AD. In July 1980, he was transferred to the leadership of Brigade (19) heavy weapons, which was in the process of formation, faced with all the treacherous attack launched by the alliance of the People and the Wayani against the Eritrean Liberation Front until the front crossed the Sudanese border, he was at the head of those who refused to throw the gun and preferred the continuation of the armed struggle After the Third National Congress, he was chosen as a member of the Revolutionary Council, the General Staff, and the Deputy Head of the Security and Intelligence Service, with the establishment of the Unified Organization, he was chosen as a member of the National Council and a member of the Preparatory Committee for the First Conference of the Unified Organization.

The wrong hands reached him after they were unable to confront him in the field, so they betrayed him in front of his house in Kassala on September 20, 1985 AD. His immaculate body was buried in the tombs of Hassan and Hussein after the masses of the city of Kassala attended him with a solemn crowd. The day of his martyrdom coincided with the anniversary of the historic battle of Aumal, September 20, 1961 AD, the date of martyrdom in the Eritrean revolution, the martyr Abdo Muhammad Fayed, may God have mercy on him.